If you do not wish to provide personal information to Thred, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or products and services offered on or through it.
1. Collection of personal information
When you install the Thred App or register on the Thred website, you will be asked to provide Thred with your phone number, first name, and last name. Thred will also ask you to connect several other third party mobile application accounts using your login and passwords for these accounts to allow you to access and integrate these accounts into the Thred App or platform. Thred will also integrate your mobile device’s address book.
A copy of the phone numbers, emails, and names in your address book (but not notes or any other Personal Information in your address book) will be stored on Thred’s servers and will only be used to:
• notify you when your contacts become active on Thred;
• indicate which of your contacts is already a Thred user;
• correctly display the name of each contact as it appears in your address book when a message or thred is received;
• synchronise your contacts with Thred within your browser and / or your personal phone device.
The copy of your address book (names, email addresses, and phone numbers) is stored on a live database. This data is stored in perpetuity.
Your phone number will be used for identification purposes as your User ID.
The type of information Thred collects from you or from third parties, may include:
• contact details including email address and telephone number;
• demographic information such as postcode;
• contact details for your contacts stored in third party mobile applications;
• your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
• additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
• any other information requested by Thred and/or provided by you.
Your use of Thred’s App: As with most applications, Thred may log information about your access and use of Thred’s Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with the Thred Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Online Status and Seen Status:
Other Users may see your connection status (whether you are online or not; and if not, when you were last connected to the App) as well as whether you saw messages or threds they sent to you.
Thred allows you to attach your location information to messages or threds you send to other users or send a specific location message. If you choose to share your location with a specific user or group of users your location will be retrieved from your mobile device and sent to Thred. Thred will only use this location for this particular purpose and will not store it on their servers once the message is delivered. For the avoidance of doubt, Thred will not share your location information and will not use it for any purpose except the one specifically requested by you.
Your opinion and feedback: Thred may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Collection and use of personal information
Thred may collect and use the information for purposes including:
• to provide Thred products and services;
• to enable you to access and use Thred’s App and any associated applications and platforms;
• to contact and communicate with you;
• for internal record keeping;
• for analytics, market research and business development including to operate and improve Thred’s Site and any associated applications and associated social media platforms; and
You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing materials.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Thred may disclose personal information to:
• courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend Thred’s legal rights; and
• third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist Thred in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of Thred’s business or a sale or transfer of business assets, Thred reserves the right to transfer their user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. Thred would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that Thred holds about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. Thred may refuse to provide you with information that Thred hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information Thred holds about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please amend your details via the App. Thred relies in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. Thred will respond to any request within a reasonable time. Thred will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that Thred have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. Thread will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of their investigation, what steps Thred propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action Thread will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from Thred’s database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below or deactivate your account from the Settings menu.
5. Storage and Security
Thred are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Thred have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
6. Cookies & Web Beacons
Thred may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Thred may use Google Analytics and other third party providers including TUNE and Segment to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time. To find out how TUNE collects and processes data go to: https://www.tune.com/resources/data-and-privacy/privacy-policies/. To find out how Segment collect and processes data go to https://segment.com/docs/legal/privacy/.
For any questions or notice, please contact Thred’s Privacy Officer at:
Thred Limited (ACN 124 541 466)
Level 24 Allendale Square, 77 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Last update: 3 May 2017
LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd owns the copyright in this document and use without permission is prohibited.